Saturday 10 January 2009

Idiot Royal Apologises - again,

Prince's apology for racist term

Prince Harry apologises for using offensive language to describe a member of his army platoon.

The News of the World said it had a video of the army lieutenant calling a colleague a "Paki" while pretending to make a phonecall to the Queen.

A statement from St James Palace said he did so three years ago as a nickname about a friend and without any malice.

The prince had to apologise in 2005 for wearing a swastika armband to a party, which offended many Jewish people.

The video reportedly shows Harry while still an officer cadet at Sandhurst military academy.

It was filmed in front of other cadets at an airport departure lounge as they waited for a flight to Cyprus to go on manoeuvres.

The newspaper said the prince had called the soldier "our little Paki friend".

'Extremely sorry'

In a separate incident, Prince Harry is heard calling another officer cadet a "raghead", the News of the World said.

During the pretend call to the Queen, as the Commander in Chief of the British Army, the Prince says, "Granny I've got to go, send my love to the Corgis and Grandpa."

He finishes saying: "I've got to go, got to go, bye. God Save You ... yeah, that's great."

A statement from St James's Palace said: "Prince Harry fully understands how offensive this term can be, and is extremely sorry for any offence his words might cause.

"However, on this occasion three years ago, Prince Harry used the term without any malice and as a nickname about a highly popular member of his platoon.

"There is no question that Prince Harry was in any way seeking to insult his friend."

The statement continued: "Prince Harry used the term 'raghead' to mean Taleban or Iraqi insurgent."

A spokeswoman for the Ministry of Defence said: "Neither the Army nor the Armed Forces tolerates inappropriate behaviour in any shape or form.

"The Army takes all allegations of inappropriate behaviour very seriously and all substantive allegations are investigated.

"We are not aware of any complaint having been made by the individual. Bullying and racism are not endemic in the Armed Forces."
Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/uk/7822574.stm

-----------------

What a prick.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someone down below left an anti-muslim comment. You might want to change it so posts need to be checked out first before they appear.

I can't believe this guy would be turning out like this if his beautiful mom hadn't died.

I guess this confirms that he is a racist and not just some airhead fool. Fool me once.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4170083.stm

I've given you a Leon Trotsky avatar at the Aircraft Wings forum. Your rank is that of fighter of fascism. I'm not sure, but I think only admins can add the avatars.

Uhm, there is a 9/11 thread started. I'm glad we became friends and that you forgave me for freaking out in regards to the kooky thing. I figure after the dust settled, you must have figured out the amount of cybersmear abuse I went through. It must have hit you at PI and then at RI that somehow we have been lumped together. I wrote a fair bit on Sociology down below. I believe that is fairly good proof that I am who I say I am.

Take care.

p.s. I think the main difference between us is that when we look at the sources of out topics we got into, yourself 9/11, myself weather mitigation, we both came to the awareness that the sources are full of shit. But you take that to imply that the conspiracy angle is debunked by that, while I figure the amount of disinfo surrounding these "fringe" topics is some kind of proof that there is truth to them. Just a bit of philosophy from me. Take it easy.

Hey, you can put the link to this blog in your profile. Funny how neither of us show up on yahoo. I used to have a problem with google, but of late they have been giving me a fair shake. Though all that kind of search engine stuff is vulnerable to change.

Anonymous said...

Please, if any crazy post is used with my name, it isn't me. Well, wierd crazy. If it's my normal crazy, then you know it's me. So please check to make sure if anything gets posted by fake socrate usernames.

Thanks.